Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Transmission at Spirohealth
The Government published a Statutory Instrument on 26th March 2020, no. 350 ‘The Health
Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020’ confirming that it is
lawful for a chiropractic practice to remain open.
It further defines those people who are
recognised as vulnerable for the purposes of this document.
Spirohealth has conducted a thorough risk assessment to ensure adequate levels of safety
at this clinic are implemented and maintained. We are following the most up-to-date
Government and Public Health England guidance and put in place stringent patient triage,
hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect our patients and staff/ team
Despite these precautions, there is a risk of transmission of the Coronavirus
(COVID-19) and it is important that you understand the risk. We have provided the
information below to help you decide if you wish to continue with your care at Spirohealth
and remind you that you are under no obligation to do so.
Precautions that Spirohealth has in place:
- All patients contacting us for an appointment are triaged by a trained team member over the telephone to establish whether Covid-19 symptoms are present, if they are self-isolating, if anyone in their household has symptoms or is self-isolating, they have recently returned from overseas or they have been in contactwith anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace.
- We enforce a strict policy that anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms must stay away from the clinic.
- A second triage is conducted at the Clinic, including a temperature check.
- A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is adhered to – Please ask if you would like to see this document.
- All team members at Spirohealth adhere to the social distancing guidance issued by the Government.
- Patients to please arrive 5 minutes before their appointment and no earlier to help maintain social distancing within the office between patients and non-clinical team members.
- Chiropractors and Clinical Staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) upon your request.
- You may choose to wear a face covering when in the clinic.
Spirohealth is committed to ensuring that every measure is in place to minimise the risk of
exposure to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee there is no risk to you as a result of attending
Eligibility for Care
We are unable to offer face-to-face appointments to the following people: If you are self isolating – until your isolation period is over and you have no symptoms; you have COVID-19
symptoms (whether diagnosed by test or not); if you are living with someone with COVID-19
symptoms (whether diagnosed by test or not); you have been in contact with anyone with
suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days by the
NHS Contact Tracing Service, or you have recently returned from a country where the UK
Government has imposed a 14 day self-isolation period.
If you do have any underlying health condition, we ask that you notify us so that we can
take this into consideration when carrying out our risk assessment.
Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
From 5th November, the Government has asked people who are clinically extremely
vulnerable to only leave home for exercise and attend healthcare appointments. At this
time we are providing face to face appointments for patients in this group if you have an
existing health condition, health concern, or medical need. Please let us know if you are in this category as you will have received a letter notifying you from the NHS.
Thank you for reading and your feedback is welcome